Wow, been super busy with coffee table books (we’ve done more than a dozen books in the last month, including a 100-page wedding album, so our clients can have everything to share over the holidays), so we haven’t been posting on our blog much. This will soon be corrected!
Just wanted to share a couple notes from the Springfield Local Favorites meeting last week at the Northfield Inn & Suites. We spent most of the meeting talking about plans for 2012, ideas for the Bridal Bash, plans for a SLF bridal guide, ideas for upcoming wedding expos and bridal shows, and even talked about starting up a streaming radio station (another way for brides to get specific ideas for Central Illinois). WDBR’s bridal show at the Crowne Plaza on January 8, 2012 is a popular show amongst our members (get a full list of downstate bridal shows).
We ended the meeting reviewing all our fellow wedding vendors in the group, and the recurring theme was how each of us tailor our services for our clients. Lisa Kates at Lisa Lu Designs is a perfect example: “Don’t be a template!” is her slogan. Instead of getting style X, design Y, and having your programs and invitations being a copy of what your friends had for their wedding, she designs everything from scratch and the printing is done locally. Some others . . .
- Why walk down the aisle to that familiar song when Adam Rainis from Themes from the Heart can compose a song just for your wedding.
- Each dress from Girls In White Satin Bridal & Formal Wear gets steamed at least three times before you walk down the aisle. Don’t have a wrinkled dress! Also offering in-house alterations, with a maximum charge of $125.
- Soon to join is Shawnna Franklin who will be offering airbrush makeup. 217.331.8533 (web site in development www.bigbeautifuleyes.com)
- Alicia is famous in Springfield for her homemade caramels. Also offering Longaberger goodies, and registering for pottery and other wedding gifts.
- Slumber Parties by Sara offers a fun experience for bachelorette parties. Don’t wait to get your goodies shipped, bring them home from the party.
- Hamilton’s Catering is a family-owned company, with Gina & George Hamilton putting all sorts of extra effort to make sure service is tops for your day.
- Specialty Cakes gave out free cookies, which were included in the goodie bags given to the first 150 people at September’s Bridal Bash. Along with one of those cookies was a certificate for a free cake. Cool prize!
- Coming events: Monday December 5th is the grand opening of Secret Recipes‘ new banquet facility in Mount Zion (1475 Village Parkway). A great new alternative for weddings in the Decatur area. They also will have a wedding expo February 25th.
And, coming up is Magical Event’s How To “I Do” seminar 2-4 pm Sunday January 15th, 2012 featuring a workshop with ideas on how to plan your wedding. At Northfield Inn & Suites, 3280 Northfield Drive, Springfield, IL 62702. How to plan your wedding, with various speakers, question & answer session, and more. Call 217.741.9850 or email to register.
Posted by Steve. Warmowski Photography, husband-wife photojournalist team available to tell the story of your wedding day. Follow us on Facebook. Member of Springfield Local Favorites, a group of the top wedding vendors in Central Illinois (on Facebook).