We’ve made two trips to the Chicago area for weddings in the past three weekends, and just wanted to make a compilation of some wedding tips and vendors contacts . . .
- For our Lake Zurich, Illinois wedding we came across some awesome food from “Something’s Cooking” Ltd of Des Plaines. Chef Ken Larsen and Chef Jim Pascolla offer custom catering and events, and cooked up shish kebobs, tri-colored ravioli and macaroni & cheese that everyone was raving about. Neat thing about the food was it didn’t have to be hot to be good (guests nibbled all night long). Web link above of 847.298.5002.
- For our wedding in Arlington Heights / Palatine / Schaumburg we were quite impressed at the offerings of Hotel Bollero (recently renamed from Hotel Indigo). The meal was very high class, staff very attentive – a nice boutique hotel. Options for bridal shower menu, rehearsal dinner, day-after brunch (Quinceañera, too!) 847.359.6900. Sales & catering “in.bassador” is Kasia Piotrowski x.1629.
- The bride told Marta Kulach of Design de Flores “I want ivory roses and I love hypricum berries” – and she was off. Results were stunning. 773.704.8200.
- Not only a great red velvet wedding cake, but a tasty selection of deserts from Sugar Hills Bakery. 847.658.8765 Algonquin 847.541.4800 Wheeling.
- Very professional music from John Coyne, Absolute Disc Jockey Chicago 866.687.4248.
Posted by Steve. Warmowski Photography, husband-wife team of photojournalists focusing on wedding photography. Chicago natives, based in Springfield/Jacksonville, will travel anywhere to tell your wedding story. Find us on Facebook.